I represented IMSA at this initiative of the DOT Office of the Chief Information Officer. This group in partnership with other DOT offices and Operating Administrations, and external partners is to create a privately managed and funded online exchange site. The purpose of this exchange community site is to connect citizens, businesses, state and local governments, industry, entrepreneurs, researchers, and investors though a public private partnership to create a marketplace for transportation solutions. The meeting was to engage a wide variety of stakeholders in the potential for this initiative to connect people and technology for transportation innovation and to identify partners to launch and manage this platform.
The participants discussed and DOT is seeking additional feedback regarding:
1) Potential uses of the DTE,
2) Transportation topics that would be relevant to the DTE,
3) Potential real-world scenarios to which DTE would apply,
4) Possible additional functionality that would increase DTE's effectiveness,
5) Ways DTE can be used to supplement in-person/face-to-face interactions and
6) Examples of potential real-world applications of DTE.